20+ years of experience in creating, managing and maintaining innovative cultural programs, projects and events. Fluent in 3 languages and experienced in welcoming diverse audiences in the US and abroad. Providing leadership, coordination and planning with a successful record of collaboration among a wide array of teams, partners and audiences. Skilled in all aspects of design and illustration: analog, vector and bitmap image creation, manipulation and layout. An accomplished history of completing deadline driven projects.
To provide innovative planning and breakthrough production of events, exhibits, spaces and design to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
Consulted creative project design development and implementation for clients such as ModVic, Mill No. 5, 3 Rivers Arts, Great Northeastern Productions, The New Art Center in Newton, Boston Day and Evening Academy, Somerville’s Annual Fluff Festival, Cuisine En Locale.
Client- ModVic, LLC Creative Projects Director Sharon, MA 2012- Present
- Actively participated in the conceptualization, planning, implementation, promotion, curating, exhibit design, graphic design and branding of Steampunk Springfield— a city wide, multiple venue six month exhibit and events at the Springfield Museums, Springfield Armory NHS and other venues. Participated in all key community partner, sponsor and press meetings.Negotiated, planned and developed proposals for the Hershey Foundation, The Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, The Las Vegas Downtown Project, Federal Realty Assembly Square and others.
- Managed the SteamAble Wheelchair crowdfunding project, which aims to shift the conversation around disability through bold aesthetics and expression. Helped create a physical Steampunk Wheelchair Prototype.Developed live presentation for TedX Beacon Street Brookline and other venues.
- Helped facilitate media coverage by The Wall Street Journal, Fast Co., Art New England and others.
- Developed and implemented projects and practices to increase profitability and to diversify revenue streams.
- Established consultation practices including training, lectures and advising.
- Assisted in negotiating gallery representation by The Gallery at 4 India, Nantucket, MA.
Client- 3Rivers Arts Creative Projects Director Acton, MA 2012- 2014
- Managed and conceptualized annual fundraising event, “Hollywood in Noir et Blanc.”
- Advised and created budgets and revenue models for a proposed art center in Acton, MA.
- Assisted with the production of The Nines Festival, an art and independent music festival in Fort Devens, MA with established and emerging performers and artists.
Client- Mill No. 5 Co-Founder Lowell, MA 2012- 2013
- Participated in the development and implementation of an indoor streetscape mall of historic buildings salvaged from throughout New England and reconstructed inside a Victorian industrial mill complex.
- Assisted in recruiting potential clients, partners and stakeholders.
Executive Director The Revolving Museum Lowell, MA 2011- 2012
- Conducted a thorough analysis of cost-to-revenue for all operations.
- Set action plan for Board of Directors and staff.
- Streamlined the operational staff and advised on the close of operations.
Director/Owner L’Espace Mauricio Cordero Tours, Region Centre, France 2007- 2010
- Bought and revived a struggling art gallery through intensive programming, PR and diversification.
- Dramatically increased gallery and event attendance.Partnered with Centre Chorégraphique Nationale de Tours, music producer/performer Rubin Steiner, New York composer Walter Thompson (inventor of soundpainting), independent film producers Sans Canal Fixe and several others.
Manager/Coach/Trainer ImpaQt SARL Tours, Paris, Poitiers France 2002- 2007
- Managed, developed and implemented international communication training for large corporations, including Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Aventis Pharmaceuticals, The Dannon Company, Banque BNP Paribas, Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, SKF Group, Valeo, Schlumberger, Axalto and others.
Educator, Art and Film Ecole Bilingue Cambridge, MA 2000- 2001
- Created and taught an art, film and design curriculum to French students grades 1-12.
- Produced a 35-minute digital film written, performed and directed by students.
Education Coordinator/Program Director Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) Boston, MA 1997- 2000
- Developed, implemented and managed all educational programs and conducted day-to-day supervision of most departmental activities.
- Performed extensive community outreach in diverse neighborhoods and towns in and around Boston. Developed partnerships with schools, community programs as well as health and assistance centers.
- Founded Fast Forward, an ongoing educational film program.
- Trained and supervised educational staff.
Creative Consultant Greater Boston Area, MA 1993- 1997
- Developed, taught and managed arts programs for a variety of clients including the Boston Center for the Arts, The Institute of Contemporary Arts, Very Special Arts, Citizens for Safety/Hands Without Guns, Hispanic Office of Planning and Evaluation H.O.P.E., The Revolving Museum Boston and various organizations.
Massachusetts College of Art
Art, Illustration, Printmaking, Interrelated Media BFA
Graduated with Honors
School of the Museum of Fine Arts
Art, Printmaking, Interrelated Media